I ran opposite an engaging complaint a alternative day which we had not encountered before, a patron was perplexing to uninstall their Norton Internet Security module to implement a newer version. During a uninstall process, something went wrong as well as when a mechanism rebooted they saw a shade with a following error:
Autochk module not found
Then after a couple of seconds, a mechanism would reboot as well as again they were presented with a same error. An unendless double back of a mechanism rebooting with clearly no approach to compromise it.
The mechanism would not foot in to Safe Mode, as well as booting in to a Recovery Console with a Windows XP foot hoop was no assistance either.
So what was a solution? Well, after stealing a expostulate as well as fixation it in an additional computer, it appeared which a expostulate assign was incidentally hidden, many expected by a uninstall of Norton or a approach in which a Norton GoBack application was “protecting” a drive. Now a subject became, how do we unhide a assign so a complement will foot routinely again.
Luckily, PowerQuest (now owned by Symantec) has a tiny DOS application which fixes a complaint rsther than easily. The module is called PTEDIT. If we have been experiencing a identical issue, follow a stairs next to download a application to a foot hoop as well as unhide a partition. On a operative computer, do a following:
1) Click a couple next as well as save PTEDIT.ZIP to your desktop
2) Create a bootable MS-DOS hoop for Windows
In Windows XP
Place a vacant floppy hoop in Drive A
Open My Computer
Right-click upon Drive A (floppy drive)
Click upon Format
Check a box for “Create an MS-DOS Startup Disk”
Click OK to a notice about formattting a hoop will erase all interpretation
Click Ok to Format Complete
Close a Format Disk window
For foot disks for alternative handling systems, we competence wish to revisit Bootdisk.com
3) Copy PTEDIT to a floppy disk
Double-click upon a PTEDIT.ZIP record we downloaded to a desktop
Right-click upon PTEDIT.EXE as well as click upon Copy
Open My Computer
Double-click upon Drive A
Click upon Edit
Click upon Paste
4) Remove a hoop from a floppy expostulate as well as place it in a floppy expostulate of a complaint computer
5) Turn upon a energy to a complaint mechanism as well as concede it to foot to from a floppy drive. Make certain a BIOS in your mechanism is set to foot from a floppy expostulate first.
6) At a A:> prompt, sort a following
PTEDIT as well as press Enter
7) You’ll be presented with “Power Quest Partition Table Editor” screen. The pass is to demeanour in a initial mainstay of a list underneath Type. The series here should in all be 07 (hex), definition a assign is an “Installable File System”, in alternative difference a bootable drive. If a anything else a not bootable.
Using your add-on key, add-on down to a Type box as well as reason down ALT + T to open a Set Type menu, afterwards with your set of keys arrow, name 07, add-on down to Ok as well as press Enter
Hold down ALT + S to Save Changes to a assign list as well as afterwards Press CTRL +C to exit out of a program.
9) Reboot your mechanism as well as it should right away foot routinely in to Windows.
Of course, all these stairs should be followed correctly, as well as if we have been not gentle becoming different this report we should deliberate a crony or mechanism tech which can assistance we with a problem.
Missing Mountmgr.sys File
Recently a reader wrote to me about an additional incident where we competence embrace a Autochk Program Not Found error. This occurs when a mountmgr.sys record is blank from a printed matter WindowsSystem32Drivers.
If we have all a use packs installed, we can duplicate a mountmgr.sys record from a place C:WindowsServicePackFilesi386mountmgr.sys to a C:WindowsSystem32Drivers office as well as reboot.
Article Source: レジストリクリーナー